When I hear the Anthem…

When a breeze rustles the tricolor
When all eyes look to the chakra
When the overture begins
My heart fills to the brim

To attention I stand
But let the mind travel
Back to the glory that was
And to the Future in our hands

Sentiments they may be,
Sentimental too,
Not wrong, not amiss, surely?
Don’t you feel as I do?

As the last strains fade in the ear,
I stare - to burn away the tear,
Add to history I may or not
Blur or change it – I dare not.

Will my son feel for the homeland?
If that doth lie in my hand
He will shed a tear or two - be assured
For the country - and his son will, too!

Comments

  1. Hi... after a long, long time... Good one.... I am sure, the youngsters are as much patriotic if not only more. The kids know to sing Vande Mataram so well, which I am sure even many old people won't know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pradeep..yes long time. Hope to be seen more often here.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

i appreciate that you have some thoughts to share, and are taking the effort to do so.

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Vishnu Sahasranamam- Vani's rebirth

"Did Hanuman return the mountain?"

Darshan Do, Ghanshyam Naath...