Is there a Sudoku helpline?

Read only if you are a Sudoku addict!
When her newspaper started offering a sudoku puzzle a day, it took her a few months to get addicted, and addicted she was for years. Then there was a period when the familiar newspaper was not available at a certain job location, and she was forced into a state of Sudoku Anonymous.

Thankfully that was temporary, and now she simply can't do without her daily grid-ful. Some complacency set in and she deigned to attempt puzzles with difficulty rating less than 4 stars (in a scale of 1 to 5). Wednesday's puzzle left her flummoxed, and a sparsely filled grid persisted with her all way through Dreamland.

Giving herself time before the morning paper (with the solution) arrived, and nearly at the cost of the family's hunger, she continued to tax the grey cells even as early birds burped loudly at the windowsill. With extreme hesitation she placed a possible digit in row 4 column 1, and the rest of the grid fell neatly in place, (confirmed an hour later in crisp newsprint).

But the guilt of a crime (guesswork at sudoku) committed nags the being....Starting a Sudoku helpline, anyone?

Comments

  1. and now we know why we dont get to read you regularly these days :)

    even I used to be a Sudoko addict until a change in job forced me out of it....

    I have the game in my mobile too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!

    How I miss the daily dose supplied at the doorstep. I've now taken to buying sudoku books and playing the online versions.

    I'll take a crack at this puzzle too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back!

    How I miss the daily dose supplied at the doorstep. I've now taken to buying sudoku books and playing the online versions.

    I'll take a crack at this puzzle too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HK, Thanks. Hope you get back to this addiction asap!
    Freehit - Wish you luck - and don't tell me if you find it a breeze :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Swarna:)

    Greetings and good wishes:)

    Sudoku can be played by people with a very good brain. Unfortunately, I have a dull brain and I find Sudoku a puzzle difficult solve.

    Best wishes:)
    Joseph

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

i appreciate that you have some thoughts to share, and are taking the effort to do so.

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Vishnu Sahasranamam- Vani's rebirth

"Did Hanuman return the mountain?"

Darshan Do, Ghanshyam Naath...